Cheers - it's 2022! Reconnect with the world, with yourself, and with your community by volunteering. Stand with us in celebrating the new beginning of the year ahead and make an impact of your own by giving the gift of your time!
In case you need more convincing, here are 20 reasons you should join us for a shift this year:
1. New Year, New You! Giving back makes you feel good, so what better way to shake off a stressful year than by helping a neighbor in need.
2. Be a part of something HUGE! Each month, over 5,000 volunteers help sort, pack, and distribute meals to nearly 1 million individuals in our care.
3. Volunteer on your schedule - we have over 50 volunteer opportunities each week with shifts ranging from morning, to afternoon, to after work!
4. Volunteer support saves dollars, allowing our organization to focus funds on the programming and logistics of transporting food across Tampa Bay - the most expensive part of food relief.
5. If you want to laugh, dance, sing, and joke while working, you have come to the right place! Our Volunteer Team is not only comprised of outgoing staff members, but also a compassionate group that focuses on making your experience the best!
6. 1 in every 5 reviews that we receive pays tribute to the killer playlists at our warehouse shifts! Britney, Mariah, Christmas music, Oldies, County, Dance, Hip Hop - you name it, we play it (within reason of course - this is a workplace)!
7. Completing service hours for school or work? Our volunteer team can sign off on hours for Florida Bright Futures and any other community service opportunities.
8. Volunteers get good food into the hands of our neighbors. From sorting donated food in our warehouse to packing to-go meals at Trinity Cafe to handing out boxes at mobile distributions, volunteers are imperative to our mission.
9. We have weekly volunteer opportunities across 5 counties! Join us for a mobile distribution volunteer shift in Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Polk, or Manatee and make an impact close to home.
10. Volunteering is scientifically proven to make you happier! Studies have shown that volunteering releases endorphins and lowers stress levels.
11. Connect with friends, family, or coworkers in a new way. The volunteer experience presents a common bond, flexes the problem solving muscle, and fosters team building.
12. Volunteers are celebrated and honored for their contributions. Come volunteer with us regularly and you could become a Volunteer Captain or maybe even earn a spot on our Volunteer Wall of Recognition!
13. Its free - need we say more?!
14. Nearly 1 million individuals across Tampa Bay cherish the generosity of our volunteers and the ability to put a meal on the dinner table each night.
15. Don’t want to leave your home? Students can volunteer from the comfort of their couch! That’s right - volunteer as a Student Ambassador and use your voice to bring awareness of hunger to your social network.
16. FTB swag! Sport your favorite Feeding Tampa Bay tees (like the one above) or browse all things food puns at our FTB store.
17. Give back as a family - we offer volunteer shifts for children 5 and up (with chaperones of course)!
18. They say blue-ray light from your phone is bad for your eyes - volunteering is the perfect productive break you need to reset! Phones are not allowed on the warehouse floor so dwell in the digital detox and reconnect with your peers in real time.
19. You meet a lot of people volunteering! Expand your network and get inspired by individuals from all walks of life.
20. Have you ever lifted a box of groceries? It’s heavy! Sign up to volunteer with us and check 3 things off your list at once: Give back. Work your arms. Move your body.
Sign up for a volunteer shift today - we hope to see you soon!