This is a super creamy and flavorful Potato Soup made with red potatoes. Serve this potato soup loaded up with crispy bacon, cheese and chives. For more delicious recipes like these visit our Pinterest page.
Prep: 5 mins, Cook: 30 Mins
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Yellow Onion, (Diced)
1 Clove Garlic, (Minced)
1/2 Cup Flour
1 Cup Carrots, (Sliced)
4 Cups Red Potatoes, (about 4-5 potatoes) (Cubed)
3 Cups Milk
4 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Tsp Garlic Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
12 oz Bacon, (Cooked, diced, and grease reserved), optional
Garnish options: Chives, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese.
1. Cook bacon and dice into small pieces, (optional).
2. Heat a large pot over medium heat.
3. Add reserved bacon grease, (if using), and melt butter.
4. Add onions and cook until soft, (about 3 mins).
5. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add flour, and whisk until smooth.
7. Add red potatoes, chicken broth, milk, carrots, parsley, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir well.
8. Bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes.
9. Reduce heat to simmer, and ladle half of the soup into a large bowl. Blend this portion until smooth. (Blending is optional if you prefer soup chunky)
10. Return pureed soup to the large pot, and add 3/4 of the diced bacon, (if using). Stir well.
11. Simmer for 20 mins.
12. Garnish with reserved bacon, cheese and chives, and Enjoy!